Analyze various case examples by:
a. Identifying physical performance impairments during an occupation.
b. Selecting appropriate tests to assess the indentified physical performance deficits.
c. Determining and defending which model of practice/frame of reference would best guide the treatment of the identified impairments.
d. Implementing the selected frame of reference/model of practice in correcting, or compensating, for the identified impairments.
Curriculum thread(s) addressed:
· Occupation centered practice
· The student will demonstrate proficiency in applying Activity Analysis to a wheelchair activity that requires propulsion and mobility throughout a mall or shopping center.
· Student will engage in IADLS:
o Car transfers
o Functional Mobility to include:
o Accessing a water fountain
o Accessing the elevator
o Accessing the restrooms.
o Other functional mobility related activities
· The students will be assigned the above described functional activity which they will perform resembling a patient with a pre-determined diagnosis and disability.
· Students will analyze the functional activity outcome and submit a written assignment (minimum 3-4 pages) utilizing the following structure:
o Description of the activity(including listing the most significant steps)
o Analysis of client factors and performance skills,
o Demands and requirements of the activity,
o Environmental and physical context assessment,
o List of recommendations that are evidence based