For this presentation, select an area of nurse practitioner (NP) practice that is of interest to you and in which you would like to see a practice change occur. Conduct a review of literature to see what is currently known about the topic and to find research support for the practice change you are recommending. You may use a topic from the list at the link below or may investigate a topic of your choice as long as it pertains to NP practice. If you are unsure of your topic, please reach out to your instructor. Be sure to provide speaker’s notes for all slides except the title and reference slides.
· Best evidence available about a topic (i.e. frequency of mammography)
· Screening recommendations (i.e. PSA for prostate cancer)
· Information about a healthcare-related phenomenon (i.e. when to talk to a person about ending treatment for a terminal illness, non-compliance of diet for individuals with congestive heart failure)
· Vaccinations for adults and/or children
· Early assessment for health-related concerns (i.e. depression in teenagers; suicide prevention for the elderly)
· Life style changes (i.e. smoking cessation, increasing activity in teenagers)
· Relationship between events or health concerns (i.e. relationship between dementia and caffeine consumption.
· Selection on an intervention (i.e. use of small group theory to lessen anxiety)
· Symptom management (i.e. pain, vomiting)
Create an 8-12 slide PowerPoint Presentation that includes the following:
Preparing the presentation
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
Slide should identify concepts to be addressed and sections of the presentation. Include speaker’s notes that explain, in more detail, what will be covered.
Slide should explain the general importance of master’s-prepared nurses engaging in evidence-based projects related to nursing practice and profession. Provide speaker’s notes with additional detail and support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
Slide should provide an illustration of a conceptual model that could be used to develop an evidence-based project. Possible models include The John’s Hopkins or Advancing Research and Clinical Practice through Close Collaboration (ARCC) Models or you may select another model you find in the literature. In the speaker’s notes, explain how the model would be applied to the development of an evidence-based project. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
Area of Interest
Identify an area of interest related to NP practice in which a practice change may be needed. Slide should identify the area of interest and what is currently known on the topic. Speaker’s notes more fully explain what is currently known and should provide rationale for why the area of interest is important to NP practice. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
Issue/concern and recommendation for change
Slide should identify a specific concern related to your general area of interest and your recommendation for a practice change. Speaker’s notes should more fully explain the recommended change and rationale for the change. Recommendation should be supported by at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
Factors Influencing Change
Slide should identify at least 2 internal and external factors that could impact your ability to implement your recommended change. Speaker’s notes should more fully explain how the factors you’ve identified would support or impede the implementation of your recommendations. Factors may be based on personal experience or on information you found in your research. If the identified factors come from the literature, provide reference citations to support your ideas.
Slide identifies at least two NONPF Competencies that are relevant to an evidence-based project related to your area of interest. Speaker’s notes should explain how the competencies relate to your area of interest. Provide support from at least one outside scholarly source (not the textbook or course lesson).
Slide provides summary points of presentation. Speaker’s notes provide final comments on the topic.
Total CONTENT Points= 149 points
1) References on reference slide must be in APA format. May use bullets instead of hanging indents.
2) In-text citations on slides and in speaker’s notes must be in APA format.
Writing mechanics follow the rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, and other aspects of formal written work as found in the current edition of the APA manual. Presentation length meets assignment guidelines.
1) Presentation has title slide
2) Presentation has reference slide(s)
3) Slides are professional in appearance and tone;
4) Slides are balanced spatially, including words and graphics.
Total FORMAT Points= 26 points
ASSIGNMENT TOTAL=175 points