This is the first part of a three-part assignment. The other two parts are the Marketing Analysis Research Report: Rough Draft, due in Topic 4, and the Marketing Analysis Research Report: Final Draft, due in Topic 7. Refer to “Marketing Analysis Research Report Overview” for directions for successful completion of the three-part Marketing Analysis Research Report assignment.
For this assignment, you will select a product to consider for the report and produce a list of research sources:
- Identify a product that will be the focus of your research. The product might be one of personal interest (e.g., computers/electronics, cell phones, cars, food services, home health care) or concern (e.g., blood diamonds, tobacco).
- Do some preliminary research (on the Internet and/or in the GCU Library) to ascertain if source information on the product (and/or industry) is available. Avoid choosing a product for which data is difficult to find.
- Find a minimum of three sources that you think will provide sufficient information for your analysis and make a list for instructor approval. The GCU Library Research Guide contains many helpful resources.
In a Word document,
- Briefly describe the consumer appeal and environmental factors that you think might influence the market for this product.
- Propose how this product could have implications for ethical, social responsibility, or global issues in the market.
Refer to “Marketing Analysis Research Report Overview” for a list of possible ethical and social responsibility issues in marketing. With instructor approval, you may also choose an issue that is not on the list.