For this assignment, research two contemporary accounting topics, such as valuing intellectual capital and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and how these standards differ from Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and sustainability and environmental accounting.
There are several articles and one video in this week’s recommended resources section of the course guide that can help get you familiar with these terms and aid in your research. If you would like to choose a different contemporary accounting topic not listed, email your instructor to obtain approval prior to starting your paper.
In your paper,
- Define and describe the topics, citing real-life examples of their uses.
- Critique the pros and cons of the topics.
- Assess the popularity of the topics and what type of global companies or individuals use them.
- Hypothesize the future use of the topics; be sure to support your position with facts.
The Contemporary Global Accounting Topics Paper
- Must be four to five pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- Must use at least four credible sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote, so that you can avoid losing points for this.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
The CPA Journal
The CPA Journal