The reading this week is focused on theory, an important element of designing program evaluation proposals.
Note: You select a Program Evaluation for organization that service homelessness.
- Bolton, K. W., Hall, J. C., & Lehmann, P. (2021). Theoretical perspectives for direct social work practice: a generalist-eclectic approach (4th ed..). Springer Publishing Company.
- Chapter 4, “Critical Ecological Systems Theory,” pages 81–106.
- Chapter 5, “Individual and Family Development Theory,” pages 109–128.
- Chapter 6, “Strengths-Based Social Work: A Social Work Metatheory to Guide the Profession,” pages 131–150.
- Chapter 10, “Cognitive Behavioral Theory and Treatment,” pages 223–246.
Theory and Research
Choose one theory from the Bolton, Hall, and Lehmann (2022) reading from your studies this week or choose from among other human service theories presented throughout your program. Those additional theories include:
- Behavioral theory.
- Change theory.
- Cognitive theory.
- Critical race theory.
- Developmental theory.
- Functionalist theory.
- Gender theory.
- Identity formation theory.
- Self-efficacy theory.
- Sense of community theory.
- Systems theory.
- Transformational theory.
- Queer theory.
Address the following in your essay post:
- Explain why this theory is most relevant to your research.
- Summarize the theory’s constructs or propositions which make it well-suited for your research.
- Does the chosen theory provide for considerations of diversity, equity, and inclusion?
- Support your discussion with a scholarly reference.