The reading this week covers use of surveys in research and will be valuable as you work on this component of your Capstone Project.
- Hilton, T. P., Fawson, P. R., Sullivan, T. J., DeJong, C. R. (2020). Applied social research: A tool for the human services (10th ed.). Springer.
- Chapter 7, “Survey Research,” pages 185–226.
Find a Survey
To be prepared for the discussion activity this week, find a survey that you believe will be suited for your capstone project. You may modify some of the questions as needed. PyscTESTS attached to assignment.
I have already attached the PsycTESTS to the assignment so you do not have to do the following below.
- Scroll down to the “P” category and click on PsycTESTS.
- Enter search terms for your topic in the search field. (Homelessness)
- Review the options and select a survey you believe would be appropriate for your project. You can modify survey questions for your proposal.
In your initial post, attach a copy of the survey instrument you located.
- Discuss how the chosen survey can help answer your proposed question and identify the population you would survey.
- Which question would need to be modified on the chosen survey and how would you modify them?