The MS Statewide Accountability System is a driving force to indicate success of a student, teacher, school and district.
(Links to an external site.)
After the class meeting and presentation complete the following assignment according to the rubric below:
1. Describe the MS Statewide Accountability System (1-2 paragraphs) (10 points)
What is it?
Who takes which tests?
What are the three purposes?
2. Explain the 700 point system for Elementary and Middle School (2 paragraphs minimum) (20 points)
3. Explain the 1,000 point system for High Schools (2 paragraphs minimum) (20 points)
4. Explain the EL Component. (one paragraph) (10 points)
5. Explain how growth is calculated and plays into the AM. (1-2 paragraphs) (20 points)
6. Explain how proficiency is calculated and plays into the AM. (1-2 paragraphs) (20 points)
7. How are letter grades assigned to schools and districts? (1-2 paragraphs) (20 points)
8. What is your opinion of the AM and how it is improving the state’s academic growth? (one -two paragraphs) (20 points)
9. Correct grammar, spelling, and sentence structure (10 points)
THE ACCOUNTABILITY MODEL PAPER (150 points)
Portion of The Accountability Model assignment Paper Total points