In this project, you will bring together everything you have learned in this class, including both programming techniques and non-technical skills.
Java University has been doing their student registration process manually since its inception. You have been approached by the registrar’s office and asked to submit a proposal to automate this process. When completed, this application should accomplish the following:
- Allow courses and course sections to be added, modified, and deleted.
- Allow students to be added, modified, and deleted.
- Allow students to register for courses.
- Allow grades to be entered for each student.
- Create a course catalog.
- Create a student directory.
- Create a grade report for each student.
Phase 1 Requirements
- List the departments you will need to contact in order to complete your initial analysis. For each department, discuss the reasons why you have selected this department and some questions you would ask to help complete your analysis.
- List the data needed to provide the functionality required. Assume the data will be stored in separate files. For each file, list the name of the file and data elements needed. Include a description of the data, the variable name you would use, and the data type. For example, if we were designing an Inventory system, one file might look like this:
|Quantity on Hand||intQtyOnHand||Integer|
|Last Order Date||dtLastOrder||Date|
You must have the number of files with sufficient elements needed to provide the minimum functionality required.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose the requirements and functionality for a business-oriented Java application.