Mike W. Peng (University of Texas at Dallas)
Case Discussion Questions
- Why is Brazil’s agriculture so competitive?
- Why have Brazil’s governments in both the 20th and 21st centuries been eager to develop world-class manufacturing?
- How can Brazil shift some of its resources from uncompetitive industries to competitive industries?
- While President Rousseff’s critics accuse her of ignoring Brazil’s lack of comparative advantage in manufacturing, her supporters argue that her policies force Brazil to reduce its dependence on foreign-made manufacturing goods. If you were to participate in this debate, which side would you be on?
Integrative Case 2.3 – WOULD YOU INVEST IN TURKEY?
Canan Mutlu (University of Texas at Dallas)
Case study Discussion Questions
- Discuss the major competitive advantages and disadvantages for Turkey.
- How can emerging economies such as Turkey mitigate certain competitive disadvantages?
- As an executive of a multinational based in Australia that is interested in undertaking FDI in emerging economies, would you be interested in investing in Turkey among many options around the world?