For this assignment, you will study the way in which data integration is used to support data analytics within a federal agency, the U.S. Department of Transportation. Use the information in the assigned readings and any Internet or library research necessary to fill in any gaps in your understanding of the concepts.
Write a 3-5 page paper that addresses the following components:
- Identify a specific example of how data integration solutions used at the DOT contribute to the overall governance and management of the Department of Transportation. o For example, one of the applications named in the required reading relates to the use of data for performance measurement.
- What kinds of data would be necessary to engage in analysis of a business problem involving performance measurement?
- What kinds of internal and external data would be integrated to support that analysis?
- Describe the specific contribution that a particular data integration solution makes to the larger objective of governance and management of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Describe a specific example of business analysis being done at the DOT that relies on the integration of data from multiple sources to solve a particular business problem.
- What contributions can the use of data integration make to solve a specific business problem and to enhance to the overall effectiveness of the governance and management of the Department of Transportation as a whole?
- List the qualities or characteristics of data that is integrated from multiple sources that make that particular data set optimal for solving a business problem.
- When choosing the particular streams of data and data elements to make up a solution set for solving a specific business problem, what are their qualities or characteristics that make them the effective solution? One example would be the characteristic of currency or timeliness.