Your Final Exam will consist of five (5) essay questions drawn from the content covered during this course. You must answer all five (5) essay questions. Each answer should be approximately 300-500 words in length.
1. How did ethnic nationalism and imperial ambition combine to transform an assassination in the Balkans into a global conflict?
2. How did new technology change the nature of warfare in the early 20th century? Provide specific examples.
3. What made the Great War a global conflict, and how did it affect people 4. outside of Europe? Provide specific examples.
4. Why was 1917 a pivotal year for both Germany and the Allies? Be as specific as possible.
5. Why was Germany punished much more harshly after the war than Austria or Hungary? What were the consequences of that decision?